Welcome To Vimhans:
Neurological conditions can have a devastating affect on the lives of individuals and those around them. Neurological physiotherapy can allow individuals with neurological conditions recover, improve their quality of life and realise their potential.
NeuroRehabilitation is a complex medical process which aims to aid recovery from a nervous system injury, and to minimize and/or compensate for any functional alterations resulting from it.
In case of a serious disability, such as one caused by a severe spinal injury or brain damage, the patient and his/her families' abilities, life style and projects are suddenly shattered. In order to cope with this situation, the person and his/her family must establish and negotiate a "new way of living", both with their changed body and as a changed individual within a wider community.
Thus, neuroRehabilitation works with the skills and attitudes of the disabled person and his/her family and friends.
BENEFITS OF NEURO RehabILITATION
- It promotes patient’ skills to work at the highest level of independence possible for him/her after the damage to brain or spinal cord.
- It also encourages him/her to rebuild self-esteem and a positive mood.
- Thus, he/she can adapt to the new situation and become empowered for successful and community reintegration.
•Paralysis / Weakness
•Spasticity / Rigidity
WHY CHOOSE NEURO RehabILITATION AT VIMHANS?
Our motto: Providing quality care to our patients.
- One of the first centers dedicated solely to the Rehabilitation of people with neurological problems.
- Dedicated team of professionals in the field of Rehabilitation
- Holistic: Holistic approach to Rehabilitation (all services under one roof): It caters for the physical, cognitive, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of the personality, stage of progress and lifestyle of both the patient and his/her family.
- Patient-focused : Detailed assessment of every patient by all professionals. Tailor-made treatment program with adequate time spent with every patient during therapy.
- Hands on therapy by experienced therapists with minimal use of electrical gadgets.
- Participatory: The patient and family is well-informed. Regular case meetings of various professionals with the family and patient are conducted regarding the treatment and progress of patient’s condition.
- Community-focused. Providing solutions best adapted to the specific characteristics of the community favouring the best possible community reintegration of the disabled person.